Groups of motivated people can solve any problem, even how to mitigate wildfires in California. PREFACE During fire season in California, it’s become the norm to see front-page images of apocalyptic wildfires. A century of efforts suppressing wildfires has created…
At the start, we reviewed the problem statement and took it at face value as a starting point for our discussions with potential stakeholders. How might we help undergraduate students better understand the research ecosystem to provide insights, create interest,…
For the first time in the nearly 10-year history of the Design@Large speaker series the UC San Diego Design Lab is partnering with California 100, an initiative focused on identifying and uplifting transformative ideas, people, and projects through research and engagement that accelerate progress towards a shared vision of California’s future over the next century.
**This will be a hybrid event (in-person and remote). Capacity is limited. Please register ahead of time.
- 4/13, Alternative Transportation Futures
- 4/20, Climate Risk Reduction and Technology
- 4/27, Housing Justice and Urban Design
- 5/11, Transborder Regions and Immigrant Integration
- 5/18, Future Prospects in Health Equity and Tech Innovation
- 5/25, The Future of Work and Higher Education
There will be no Design@Large classes on 04/06, 05/04 or 06/01.
There are no speakers on 03/30, but class will still take place for students.